Summer is a good time to relax, rejuvenate and learn some new skills. If you are wanting to get out and do something productive this is your guide… if not then continue watching re-runs of Saved by the Bell!
1. Cut the cord. What do I mean?? Get rid of cable…there I said it. I predict that cable will be phased out in next 5 years. With sites like Hulu and major networks offering their shows online…now is a good time to cut the cord. Cable should offer their programs A la carte, where you can pick and choose which channels you want. Instead you are strong armed into being told what channels you have with each package you order.
2. Now that cable is gone, you should have all sorts of time to learn a new skill. Read this article, Top 40 Useful Sites to Learn New Skills, it will provide you with many sources on learning something new. Some of my favorite sites to learn new stuff are:
- Habitat for Humanity is a good place to get your hands dirty especially if you like to build things.
- There are many opportunities to volunteer in Over the Rhine @ soup kitchens and churches.
- Freestore Foodbank. Visit their volunteer page to get more details.
4. Go on a vacation. If your low on money do some research on what is close by. Getting out and having fun with those you love is key in rejuvenating yourself.
5. Read a book. Its a great way to unwind and relax. Check out my Summer Reading List for some ideas.
Hope this helps I am off to eat some breakfast at 2:00 pm.