I got my Mom good today with an April Fools Joke!
I printed off a paper that I just turned in and wrote the grade “F” on it and showed it to her and told her the reason why I got an “F” was on the back of the paper.
She was mad…but at first at the professor because she thought he was playing an April Fools Joke on me by giving me an “F”!
My mom did attempt to get me, she told me as I was on my way out the door for school that something was wrong with the tire on my car. I think she used the same joke last year.
UPDATE ON CONFICKER – The Conficker worm has not made its attack today. Does that mean we are safe from it? Not entirely. There could be future attacks, and it defenitley won’t hurt to keep current with the latest tools on defending this virus.
5 Things you Should do to Protect Your Computer:
- Make sure to use Windows Update weekly, Tuesday is usually the day they release fixes. Make sure update MSO8-67 has been applied on your system.
- Update your anti-virus software regularly and run full scans.
- Make to sure to use strong passwords (Lifehacker’s guide to making strong passwords).
- Disable the autoplay feature on your cd/dvd-rom drive.
- Be sure to backup all your data (Lifehacker’s guide to windows backup tools).
- Use OpenDns. It is easy to setup and there are good instructions.
To read more about Conficker check out this article.
Leave a Reply