Stumbled on this riddle in the current issue of Make Magazine.
Albert Einstein made up this logic puzzle and claimed that 98% of the population could not solve it.
There are 5 houses, each of a different color. Each of their owners has a unique heritage, drinks a certain type of beverage, smokes a certain brand of cigarette, and keeps a certain variety of pet, smoke the same brand of cigarette, or drink the same beverage.
1. The British man lives in a red house.
2. The Swedish man keeps dogs as pets.
3. The Danish man drinks tea.
4. The Green house is next to, and on the left of the White house.
5. The owner of the Green house drinks coffee.
6. The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
7. The owner of the Yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The man living in the center house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
11. The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
12. The man who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The Blends smoker lives next to the one who drinks water.
Who owns the pet fish?
I started to figure this out, but I can easily be consumed by these things and since I am going to catch up on some sleep I did not want to lay awake in bed thinking about this riddle.